Translate

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Kicking Edge off - G’day from down under

G’day, G’day! Emma Fradd here, from Team 4 in Wetaskiwin. We had our first Edge night this weekend and it was EPIC!

Over 40 young teens turned up, that's right I said 40! We played games all night, got to know our youth a bit better and our team all agreed that the night was a success! We have a few guys interested in joining the band which is VERY exciting and also a good amount of young teens and young adults who want to join Crew and Core to help out with Edge nights and Life nights; now we’re all excited for this weekend’s Edge night on saints! woohoo!

Life here i
s pretty amazing! We are getting requests from all over the community to come into schools, play some praise and worship, help out at local events, and even to record a Christmas song for a local CD! Excitement? I think so; I’m even allowed to record some of my own songs for free!

Yes indeed the community is getting to know us Netters quite well, and well...especially me, I suppose I should te
ll you why. Last Friday something happened, Erica and I were sitting with our host family around the table enjoying a rather tasty supper, when the phone rang. Maria, our host Mum answered; at first she smiled, then her face looked shocked, and she stared at me...
“Emma” she declared, “you’re in the paper”
“What?” replied Erica, “What’s it for? Because she’s from Australia?”
“No” said Maria.
“Something to do with music?” Erica asked

“No” Maria repeated.

My shoulders dropped, because I knew; I knew what was in the paper. It was an article that my Dad had written to the Wetaskiwin times,explaining “Our daughter Emma, she’s a missionary and a talented musician, spending the next 10 months in Wetaskiwin, so take care of her!”

I was so embarrassed
, but then I got over it and realized how big my dad’s heart is to write a letter to the local paper in Wetaskiwin for me! Everyone who I come across now gives me random hugs and compliments about my parents who wrote a letter about me in the paper, so praise God!

But that’s about the gist of things; today, my beautiful sisters and I were honored by our wonderful brothers. We each received a lov
ely rose, they smelled AMAZING and we have put them up in the office; there’s plant life in our headquarters!!
Anyway, I’m off until next week when we shall be united once again.

God Bless,

Emma Fradd
Team 4 Wetaskiwin

1 comment:

  1. Emma that is wayy too cool! I love it!
    Thanks for the update, I love you guys way too much.

    God Bless,
    Suzi

    ReplyDelete