Translate

Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's Snowing!

It’s snowing! It’s the beginning of October and snow is falling from the clouds! Snowflakes actually have a form! They look like little stars! As if something that detailed came from the clouds, God sure was being beautifully specific when he designed those frosty little flakes! OK so I should probably explain my excitement...Hi, I’m Emma Fradd (I'm in the front on the bottom picture,) I’m from South Australia and snow is a first for me! Previously snows only existence was in Christmas movies and in Northern parts of Australia where I have never ventured. It’s so beautiful! I cried a little bit ...don’t tell anyone...

My wonderful team and I(you can call us Team 4) have just arrived in Wetaskiwin, Alberta, that’s where we’ll be for the next 8 months and we are SO excited. I was a bit embarrassed to show the level of my excitement around my team (we just met 6 weeks ago), like I was biting my lip to keep from squealing, but then they just burst into and shouts and “woohooing” as we drove past the ‘Welcome to Wetaskiwin’ sign! Yes!

So here we are, setting up our office, Hannah’s drawing us a big calendar for October (including thanksgiving and Halloween which are both new for me!), Our Team Leaders Marc and Erica are doing us up a schedule for the next 2 weeks, Marissa is organizing Gas receipts from our 5 days trip up here from Ottawa and Josh and I just finished some work for ‘The Edge’ (Catholic middle school ministry) which will be starting up in 2 weeks!

So thats about it for now, I’m gunna go sneak outside for my break and see if there is enough snow to formulate a snowman!

God Bless,

Emma Fradd

Team 4 Wetaskiwin

2 comments:

  1. That is so exciting! I'm really glad to hear that:) keep up the good work guys!
    thanks for pointing me to your blog emma!

    ReplyDelete