Translate

Monday, November 30, 2009

Team 2 still in Edmonton! :)

Hello and Happy Advent from Team 2!

This is Riane McCallum, writing to you from Edmonton, Alberta!
I have stolen the blog from Claire for the week, and would like to tell you about our recent adventures!

We have been in the Edmonton area for the past week, traveling in between Edmonton, Sherwood Park, and Fort Saskatchewan. Just a personal side note- I have loved being back in Alberta! Give me flat land anytime, anywhere! Our week was filled with Encounter Days, and they were so much fun. It is hard to believe that we only have six more left until Christmas break! During one Encounter Day, the school had arranged a catered meal for us and all of the students. It was so cool! We were in a fancy hall, and had a delicious meal served to us. We all felt like we were at a wedding!

On Saturday, we had an opportunity to work on our ministry. This was a great chance to practice dramas, talks, skits, and prepare for our first family retreat that is coming up! We were also excited to be able to stay the night as a team in the local high school. Later that night, after a great team prayer, the men on our team honored all of the ladies! We found our sleeping bags laid out, couches set up, delicious treats, and the movie Elf, ready for us to watch! Needless to say, we were so excited and had a wonderful movie night!

The next day, we attended Sunday Mass at the local parish, and when it was over it was revealed to me that we were celebrating my un-birthday!! For those of you who don't know, an un-birthday is for those whose birthday does not fall during the NET year, and it is a day to honor them instead of on their real birthday. I was completely shocked, and SO EXCITED! I am pretty sure that I jumped up and down and screamed! For my surprise, the team took me out to see the movie "New Moon." It was great...I loved it soo much! After that, I was treated to my favourite food in the whole world...ice cream! The day was so wonderful - it couldn't have been any better! I'm thankful for such an amazing team.

We have one week of ministry left and cannot believe it! I have to say that I absolutely love putting on Encounter Days, and I know that I'll miss it over Christmas break. We have met so many incredible people so far, and I'm excited for what lies ahead in the new year!

I hope you are all enjoying this busy season of Christmas preparations!
Until next week, God Bless!

Riane McCallum
Team 2

No comments:

Post a Comment