Translate

Monday, November 9, 2009

Over the mountains and here we go...!



Hey everyone, this is Adele Costanza from Team 2! Last week we were excited to spend our team day in Banff, Alberta. It was a chilly day but that didn't stop us from walking around the beautiful town; we had lots of fun visiting the little shops. Not to mention that the scenery was absolutely amazing!

On Thursday we had an evening retreat in Airdrie, AB for a youth group. It wasn't a very large group, there were only about 26, but it was a really great Encounter Evening, filled with lots of energy. I led a small group of grade 9 girls who were very interested in knowing more about their faith. They had a lot to say in small group. One in particular had a hard time believing God was real because of what other people would say. I said to her that there was nothing I could do or say to make her believe; if anyone was going to, it would have to be God Himself. I told her during the prayer time to ask God for a revealing of Himself to her. When the prayer time came, I prayed with all my girls and then went to go pray by myself. I was only praying for a few minutes when the girl who had a hard time believing came and knelt down beside me. She asked me if she could put her hand on my shoulder and pray with me. I said yes and got really excited inside because I knew in that moment the Holy Spirit was really working through her. It's those kinds of moments that set my heart on fire for this ministry.


Last Friday we started to make our way out to Beautiful BC. It was a long day but we managed to get to Merritt, BC with half an hour to spare! On Sunday we played music for their Mass; the parishioners really seemed to enjoy the music. Following Mass I was selling the Massive Worship CD; the priest was really excited about it and made an announcement. I ended up selling eleven!

On Monday we had a team day in Vernon, BC, so we headed up to the mountains! We went to a ski resort and hiked on some of the paths, where the boys had fun pushing us in the snow! It was nice to get some fresh mountain air and exercise!

We're looking forward to our upcoming Encounter Days and our trip to Kelowna, BC, where you will be hearing from us next week.

God bless,

Adele
Team 2

P.S. Happy Birthday Theresa Eppich, NET Ireland Team #1!

No comments:

Post a Comment