Translate

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Team 2 bids farewell to beautiful British Columbia




Hello All! Team 2 has had a pretty exciting week! On a personal note, I experienced my first hockey game on Wednesday. Lauren and I attended a Kelowna Rockets game with our host family and I thoroughly enjoyed it. They were playing Portland, Oregon; no, I did not cheer for the American team!

On Thursday we experienced a slightly different type of ministry. We did a retreat called Freedom for young adults and high school students. We were a little nervous about it, because it was so different than our usual routine and because some of us were giving talks for the first time. It ended up being a very powerful evening. Most of the time was spent in prayer and reconciliation; our team could really feel the presence of Jesus in the church. Afterwards, we had an open mic time and several people expressed how they had been moved.

On Friday we left the mountains of British Columbia and traveled to Edmonton, Alberta. We experienced a good bit of snow in the mountains, as you can see from our picture. It was a long day; it took us nearly 14 hours to get there!

We were very excited to be able to spend Saturday with the Wetaskawin team! It was great to see them and exchange ministry stories. We prayed with them, then spent the afternoon playing games. In the evening, we attended their youth Mass; it was awesome to see their minstry in action.

Now, for the best part of all, on Sunday we had a day off! Most of us spent the afternoon at the West Edmonton mall. I was amazed at just how huge it is! Katie, Meghan, and I experienced the rollercoaster called the Mindbender, which gave us quite an adrenaline rush! It was so intense that Katie lost one of her earrings! I lost my courage as soon as I got on and closed my eyes the entire time. Katie was also very excited to see all the Christmas displays in the mall.

Well, that is our week in a nutshell. We have another busy week, and we are all starting to get excited for Christmas! We head back to Ottawa in about two weeks!




Until next week, God Bless!

Signing off,

Claire Labish
Team 2

No comments:

Post a Comment