Translate

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My Un-birthday and MMM...You Sick? (AKA: music)

Greetings to all,what a week it has been... On Friday we got to see the French Team! It was very exciting to be reacquainted with everybody, unfortunately Erica let it slip that they were coming the day before and I was a little disappointed that I wasn’t going to be surprised by their visit, so I went on a rave about how I never get surprises, how they’re always spoiled or I always figure them out. Well, little did I know that on Saturday the team had planned to celebrate my Un-birthday, what’s an Un-birthday you ask? Good Question... You see for the people whose birthdays like mine that don’t fall into the NET year (NET finishes a couple of days before my actual birthday in May) the Team and/or Un-Birthday organizer pick a random day and celebrate it on that day.

So Saturday morning came around and it was scheduled to be our Team Day (where we all get together as a team and have fun doing some form of activity) and I had no idea what we had planned to do, people were throwing around the idea of going to a museum in Edmonton but nothing had been planned for sure.

So we arrive at Sacred Heart Church, we prayed Team prayer for an hour and then went into our office, Hannah starts up a computer and says “Hey guys check out this video that I made”.
So we all gather around to watch as “Eye of the Tiger” plays in the background and random photos of me are playing and little video clips of me in the snow...and I was like...This is really random, Why is this video only of me...and halfway through the video it said “Happy Halloween Emma, Love from the team, we hope you have a great day but an even better Un-Birthday!!” AND I WAS SURPRISED! It was pretty much the greatest surprise ever, so surprisised I kneeled on a juice box and burst open tropical juice all over myself. I squealed pretty loudly! And the day was one LONG adventure!

Another thing worth mentioning is the music ministry that has been developing. We had our very first Band Jam tonight and I think we may have recruited a drummer, for the sake of an entertaining blog we shall call him...Spook fish. Spook fish is a fantastic drummer, he picks up beats really well and had a good feel for every song we practiced! His attitude was great also and he seems really pumped to join us on weekends for Mass!! YES!!!! The band is slowly coming along, also working on a band name sooo...any suggestions, just comment.
Anywho, I’m going to make Hannah tell me a story before bed time; big day tomorrow, full of busyness and excitement.

May God Bless you, fellow reader,

Emma

1 comment:

  1. happy un-birthday Emma! I love you, PS going to pirie on 16th Dec! so when did you say joe and others were gonna be there??

    ReplyDelete