Translate

Friday, October 31, 2014

As White as Snow

Greetings Friends!!

It is official we have snow! And by snow I mean 4 inches in one night. The neat thing about snow is that it really cleans everything up. In a way, I see snow as kind of like Confession; the brown, and sometimes muddy ground, and green trees is like your soul before confession but after confession your soul is cleaned and becomes as white as snow. 

Confession: What does it mean to you? To me it means recognizing my sin and overcoming my pride. It means humbling myself enough to go to another person. 
Steph: It shows us that regardless of how many mistakes you make that God’s mercy is stronger than sin. 
Cameron: It means going in front of the Lord, in front of Jesus, and pouring out my sins. It means going to him, in the person of the priest, for forgiveness of all sin. Being able to be relieved of burdens that we no longer have to carry. 
Olivia: Confession means going to God knowing that His love and mercy is greater than my sins and that He is taking my sin upon himself. Confession is an opportunity to get rid of sin and receive graces to grow closer to Christ. Not only are you being reconciled of your sin, is also able to receive graces. As long as you are going with an open heart then you will be able to accept the love that God outpours then it is always a double gain. 
Pope Francis: "Everyone say to himself: ‘When was the last time I went to confession?’ And if it has been a long time, don’t lose another day! Go, the priest will be good. And Jesus, (will be) there, and Jesus is better than the priests - Jesus receives you. He will receive you with so much love! Be courageous, and go to confession,” urged the Pope on Feb. 19.

            Lets talk about that miraculous feeling you get after you receive reconciliation. Cameron shared, “I feel like the Holy Spirit has poured his grace upon me, and that Christ and me has washed of all my sin.” In a way similar to how Jesus said to Peter in John 13:8, “Unless I wash you, you have no share with me.” Christ listens to us confess our sin and washes it away so that we may share eternal life with him in heaven.
How awesome is it when you see someone you look up too going to confession? To me this makes me want to also receive this wonderful sacrament. Why would we not want to make use of this wonderful sacrament?

This weekend we welcomed our wonderful supervisors into the North. We were able to share in their great company and learn new and different ways to bring Christ to the youth of the North.


Thanks for reading,
Ben and a few team mates ~ iNFUSE 3

1 comment:

  1. “Unless I wash you, you have no share with me.” - WOW never though of that one! :D
    Thank guys, I'm gonna go to confession today ;)

    ReplyDelete