Translate

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Love Is A Choice

      

        "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
John 13:34-35

NET training has taught me that love is a choice we make to actively and intentionally love every part of a person, good and bad. Love is the choice to seek out and strive to make your relationship with a person better because if you didn't, you would only be scratching the surface of what it could be if you went deeper.

Working in close proximity in a small office of 7 people is not an easy task. You can imagine how hard it would be to get along all the time. It's harder than I ever imagined it would be. That’s why it’s important for us to understand each other.

We have been taught on NET that if we want to love our brothers and sisters in the best way, we are to call each other to holiness. We do this by talking challenges out and being honest with each other. Our team is amazing and I couldn't imagine having any other person on my team. However, I don't always love the things they do, or the decisions they make. A lot of the time, the reason why I don’t love the things they do, is because I don’t understand where they’re coming from or why they did what they did. But I can make a choice to seek to understand and love them by having a conversation with them about the situation. In the end, I can love and understand them so much better because we talked it through. I know that I’m not always easy to love and so I feel very loved when someone talks to me about how they feel and it leaves us only with good feelings toward each other.

I've noticed also, that I have a lot of trouble being patient with my team. I can see that God is testing my patience and teaching me to love each member of the team in different ways through it. There are people who I find easy to love because we get along. But then there are people on the team that I have to work harder to love and it's not easy to do. Not because they aren't great people, but because I'm still learning how to love them. And I want to know how to love them in a way that makes them feel loved. So, I seek to understand ways that I can actively honour and love my team.

Prayer is an essential part of our life and love we have for each other. If we didn't pray, individually and as a team, we would probably be a mess. We would most likely have trouble serving each other and feeling unified. If we ask Him, God will give us the graces and everything we need in order to love each other, but have to want it. God wants us to love each other and waits for us to ask Him for His help to strive for that.
 
Slowly but surely, we are all learning how to love each other. There are always going to be things that need to be straightened out, but as long as we approach it the right way, we can work things out and feel loved all at once, which is exactly what we want to do.

I'm so excited to continue to learn how to love each member of my team so that we can be unified and work together in the best way possible. Christ has called us to love each other so that we can be His disciples and grow in holiness together.

Thanks for reading,
Until next time!

With lots of love,
Hunter!
iNFUSE 1 in Swift Current, SK.

No comments:

Post a Comment