Translate

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Testimony from a Teen!

Hello every one. It's Shayla again from Team 5. This week we have another teen, Zack Haime, giving a testimony about what the NET team did for him this year and how God has worked in his life. We hope you enjoy this beautiful story.

"In my eyes the Net Team represents so many things. They represent our link to God, and they represent God’s peace and love and compassion shown for us. Not only do they represent it, but they show it themselves. They show the most powerful love and compassion and peace that I have ever seen, and they tell us it is only a fragment of God’s love.

They completely amaze me. In the way they came to a strange town that they have never heard of and where there were no familiar faces wherever they looked. It seemed like they should have been completely overwhelmed by it all. But when I met them they showed me such love and they were so calm and put together that it was just overwhelming to see that people could show this level of compassion for people that they have just met. It filled me with so much joy to see them love us like that.

Throughout this year they helped me build my relationship with God. I never used to go to church. In fact, I hated it whenever my dad made me go. But now because of the Net Team I am so excited to go that I yell at my parents if they even think about making me late. The Net Team gave me the key to open the door to God and I had the choice to use it.

Because of the Net Team I have made new friends. It’s like a big family and we never degrade anybody. Everyone is equal when the Net Team is around. Lifeteen is such a familiar word to me now. I love going to the lifenights that the Net Team has organized. We play fun games and we build our relationship with God through Adoration, Prayer and through them teaching us about Him.

The Net Team are just such kind hearted and loving people and they have taught me so much. I have no idea what my life would be like if I never met them, and I never want to find out everyone should have this amazing chance to build there relationship with God and with other people."




(The top right photo is of Zach and I at our 'What a Mess' Lifenight. Bottom left is Zach and another one of our teens at our 'Hands and Feet' Edge retreat)

God Bless,
Zach and NET Team 5

No comments:

Post a Comment