Translate

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Team 2 sees God at work!

Hello all you blog readers! This is Claire here to give you another update on the doings of Team 2.

First I'd like to share with you an experience that I had on our Encounter Day last Monday. After I finished praying with one of my small group girls, who was also my host sister, she started crying and thanked me for helping her become better connected with Jesus. This was one of those moments in which God reminded me that He really is touching lives through us. I was so happy that God used me to be an example for this girl and lead her closer to Christ. It made me realize why I'm on NET and how much I love it! Sometimes it can be discouraging when we can't see the results of our work, but it's little reminders like this that keep us going!

Riane had a similar experience on our Encounter Day on Wednesday. They were a bit of a tough group to reach and one of the girls in Riane's small group said that she doubted if prayer was really effective. When Riane was praying with her later, the girl was a little hesitant about it but still allowed Riane to pray. Afterward the girl started crying and asked Riane if it was okay that she was so emotional. Riane assured her that it was fine. God was certainly working this girl's heart, praise Him!

After the retreat, we greeted our awesome supervisors, Pat and Meaghan, who arrived for our last supervisor visit of the year. We had a great time with them; they joined us on retreat with running small groups and participating in the skits.

On Friday, we did a Confirmation Encounter Day in Alymer and then on Saturday we had the privilege of attending their Confirmation.This was a first for us; it was a beautiful Mass and we were very glad to be a part of it. It was great to be able to connect with the students again, since most times we don't see them again after the retreat.

On Saturday we also had our final team day with Pat and Meaghan. We did a "Team Timeline" in which we discussed the highs and lows of our year. It was a good time for us to look back on our year and see how far we have come as a team and in our ministry.

So that's a little bit of the recent happenings on our team.

Have a beautiful week!

Till next time, I remain yours in Christ,

Claire


No comments:

Post a Comment