Translate

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Busy Life





“Never be so busy as not to think of others.” – Mother Teresa



I don’t know about you, maybe it is just this time of year, but isn’t life really busy. Sometimes I ask myself, why is life so busy?

St. Francis de Sales, one of our team’s patron saints, says, “Half an hour's meditation each day is essential, except when you are busy. Then a full hour is needed.” This quote really speaks to me. I feel like he is talking about taking time… taking time for me, for God, and for things to settle. When life is really chaotic I sometimes think God has just overwhelmed me with things. Then I realize that God will never give me more then I can handle. Yet, it can be really hard when life moves past you as you sit and watch, I'm sure you can relate.


Our team has been extremely busy in the past month. We had a trip to the Sahtu and Deh Cho regions, we have had multiple retreats in to different communities, along with keeping our high school and grade school youth groups going, and did I mention a leadership-training event. Even though this was really difficult it was amazing to see the gifts that the Lord gives you when you allow him to work through you.

I was given the opportunity to give my testimony in a very remote community called Nehanni Butte, so remote that you can only fly or go there on the winter road. I did not really have the time to prepare a testimony that they could relate to. But as Bishop Mark invited me up I felt really confident that it would go well. I gave my testimony and I found words through the influence of the Holy Spirit and I was able to speak in a way that they understood where I was coming from. I didn't know till after but they were wondering how someone so young could speak. For to them only the elders really speak about how God has worked in their lives. This really gave me strength and a boost to my own personal faith.
           

Thanks for reading and God bless,
Ben and the rest (Cameron, Mike, Meghan, Olivia, Shaina, and Stephanie) of iNFUSE NORTH.

Just a quote to leave you thinking.

“God's plan for enlarging His kingdom is so simple - one person telling another about the Savior. Yet we're busy and full of excuses. Just remember, someone's eternal destiny is at stake. The joy you'll have when you meet that person in heaven will far exceed any discomfort you felt in sharing the gospel.” – Charles Stanley                                                               
                                                                                          

1 comment: