Translate

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

MORE Here's What They Had To Say...


Here's some more feedback from youth that our team has encountered since Christmas...

“I liked…prayer time because it really changed my perspective on how to live life. Eoin and Matt really made me feel that I can change and really take my faith to a way higher level”.

“I liked how people actually experienced these things in the talks. It’s not, ‘Yeah, you don’t even know’. They actually do know”.

“Today I definitely came closer to God. I was not anywhere as close to Him as I came today. I realized how much He did for me, and how amazing someone would have to be to do that!”

“Today, during prayer time, I felt really close with God and I was a lot more focused during prayer time then when I’m at church or praying before bed or meals. I felt very relaxed afterwards and good because I asked for forgiveness. Today I also realized that my life is going way too fast and God is not always part of my life every second of the day and He should be. I feel very VERY different after prayer time, and all of the talks that we had together”.

“I LOVED the retreat! I really want to do NET when I’m old enough….I really enjoyed prayer time because it’s a time where I can just connect with God”.

“Today after prayer time I felt God in my heart and I felt lighter because I told God my sins and I feel like I had a fresh start…. Thanks NET for coming out to us and opening our hearts to let God and Jesus in”.

“During the day I had an encounter with God. I had my encounter when we had the prayer time. It was nice to have a big chunk of time just to sit and pray or talk to God. I found it very soothing just to relax and talk to God”.

“On the encounter day I learned how to enjoy Mass and learning about Christ by immersing yourself in the Catholic faith, which we did in our encounter in fun ways like skits and games”.

“I found today very exciting. There was a balance between entertainment and learning about God. Some of the things I learned were how easy it is to put other things before God, how God and the priest try to show us the right path in life, and I enjoyed how the games we played also had something to do with life”.

“I loved it when we were in the church praying”.

“I learned that you need to trust for things you can’t see. I learned that God is patient and is there for all of us. I learned that you have to put God first”.

“I also enjoyed the prayer session because I have a lot on my mind, so it was nice being able to just sit and think, and ask God for what I should do. They made me realize how important my faith is”.

“I really enjoyed my experience today, and I think it will bring my relationship closer to God. I’ve learned a lot, and I am very grateful for it. I liked how everything that we did had God and everything tied with it. I had an awesome day! Thank you very much for such a great experience”.

“My experience today changed the way I look at things. I realized that what people do daily can relate to God in so many ways. I really enjoyed prayer time the most because I got to talk to God on my own....To be able to have the time to talk to God about everything that I’m feeling what a great experience for me. I had a great dayJ

“During prayer, I had a feeling in my heart that God and Jesus were with me the whole time. It was the greatest experience I have ever had”.

“The prayer time was a great experience. I don’t think I’ve ever prayed the Rosary on my own before. It was a good experience and I plan on doing it again. Before, I wasn’t sure how ready I was for confirmation, but now I know I’m ready”.

“I felt really connected with God when all of us had our moment of silence with Him. It was nice to see all your friends and classmates feeling the same way you do with God”.

“This was a great experience, I am so glad I came. This really helped me with some questions I had…. Today I felt really connected with God, and after this, I think I’m going to be going to church more often! Thank you guys!”

(Top photo - Typical retreat setup; Bottom photo - The greeting we received in Rothesay, NB)


Katie, Team 2


No comments:

Post a Comment