Translate

Friday, April 17, 2015

One Month.

As you're reading this, our team in Weyburn is realizing that we only have one month until we leave this beautiful little town and drive back to big old Ottawa to say goodbyes. For some of us, our time with NET is over. For some of us another year with NET is on the horizon. However, no matter where next year will take us, chances are it won't be Weyburn and it certainly won't be just the six of us working together again. The year ending is bittersweet and busy. We're moving on, but we still have so much left to do. We're praying that time doesn't slip us by as we seek to carry out of mission with as much success as possible, Lord-willing!

Coming to Weyburn, I really didn't think I would become as attached to this place as I've become. You see, I'm a city girl. Big buildings, busy streets, and bustling sidewalks are what I've always had. Then I was plopped in a town of 10,000... just a fraction of what I'm used to. I was surprised how quickly I adjusted to life here, and not only adjusted but grew to love the small-town feel this place has. Everyone knows each other. People are willing to help each other out. People cry together and celebrate together. This town knows what community is and has gladly made me a part of theirs.

After Christmas break (which doesn't seem very long ago!) our supervisors asked our team why we decided to return to NET after our time at home. After thinking for a little bit, I responded "I fell in love." And it's true. I fell in love with someOne. I fell in love with Christ and the love of Christ I see in all the members of the community here in Weyburn. I came into this community with nothing to offer but myself, and have been given all that I need. I see Christ in the host homes that feed me and give me a place to rest. I see Christ in the volunteers that relentlessly lend a hand. I see Christ in the office staff who have become my second parents. This community shows me Christ in every single gesture of love, even if it's small. This community has shown me love that I've never experienced before.

Yet in a month I leave, we leave, to move onto whatever crazy thing God has planned for us next. I pray that I may be able to bring the love I've experienced here to those who I encounter on this crazy road.

In His Service,

Jillian, iNFUSE 2 Weyburn

"I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me."
Matthew 25:35

No comments:

Post a Comment