Translate

Thursday, April 23, 2015

God's call in my life


Playing pickle ball 
Over the past few days I have been focusing a lot on God's call, hearing that call and responding to it. You see, sometimes it can be really hard to know what God is calling you to, and for me, this has been something that I have been struggling with. But part of that is listening. There are so many things that can distract us from hearing God’s voice, and lent was a great time to reflect on this and try to rid myself of these distractions, and put God first. For myself, prayer is a time when I can become very distracted with other things, but my team helps me with that, by asking me about my prayer and how it is going. They hold me accountable and help me to continue to reflect on it and grow in it. There are many ways to hear God, and this past week I had asked God to help me to hear Him and to know what He wants.
He answered me by showing me. My host home had their grand daughter and her father over for dinner one night and God used this to show me myself and Him. I was the little girl and He, the father.

Having fun at a furniture store 
The little girl was 2 and had a bunch of energy. She constantly wanted to play and do things her own way. Her dad was always there, he was aware of where she was and what she was doing, but he let her go and play as she pleased. He would ask her to do things and help guide her in the right direction but never forced her. He let her learn what worked and what didn’t and was always there when she asked for help.  Towards the end of the night her dad asked her if she was ready to go and get ready for bed. The little girl said no and continued to play, ignoring him when he asked again. A few minutes later he told her to get her snowsuit on and she ran away. She could not see past the fun at grandma and grandpa's house, where as her dad could see what she needed--sleep.


Still having fun at a furniture store 
God is always there. He knows us and what we have done, are doing and will do. He knows what is best and wants that for us. He will tell us his will, but will not force it, it is our choice. Like the little girl I have the choice to listen to my Father, to choose His will or my own. His will is the one that is best for me, whether I want it in that moment or not. The little girl helped me to see that there are times when God is speaking but I don’t take the time to listen, I am distracted by the things in front of me and choose to focus on that.
God was showing me that it is my choice to hear and listen to him. Like the little girl’s dad, he will not force us to listen, it is a choice we must actively choose.

Thanks for reading and God bless 
Olivia from iNFUSE NORTH 



No comments:

Post a Comment