Translate

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

So Long, Fare Well....

Well...It's here...
The time has come to say good-bye to Medicine Hat. To all of our youth. To our volunteers. To all of our amazing host families. To our priests. To this life that we've been living here for eight months. It's hard to believe that it's already over. I feel like I'm still just getting to know so many people. Like I'm at the point where I could really impact people's lives, and where I know that they are impacting me. And now it's time to go. Time to say good bye to our ministry, and trust that the team that comes to the Hat next year will understand, and come to love all of these amazing people we've met. All their peculiarities and all their amazing generosity. I wish there was some way to tell them how much they've impacted me this year....
It's so bittersweet, leaving....We're going to be able to see our families, whom we haven't seen since our two week break for Christmas, and at the same time, we're leaving this amazing community which has become our family in these past eight months, and this amazingly beautiful city which has become our home. I'm not going to lie, it's going to be very weird to be back in Ontario, and to see trees lining the roads that weren't planted, and to drive down a highway, and not be able to see my destination way ahead in the distance, over the fields. I'm going to miss the coulees, those weird giant trenches through the city. Most of all, I'm going to miss the people. I know I said it before, but they deserve me saying it again. The people here are amazing. Letting us into their homes, feeding us, giving up their days and evenings to help us, or to attend our events, coordinating snacks, or making them. All those people who gave up their time just to have a brief conversation with us, or maybe took so much time to get to know us closer...  So many people that have helped us in so many ways.  I know that I can honestly say this on behalf of my team. We will never be the same because of this experience. Thank you Medicine Hat.
God Bless
Isaac Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment