Translate

Friday, May 18, 2012

Howdy!

Howdy Blogger Readers!

This is Sarah reporting for Encounter 2! I just wanted to take some time to tell y’all about the wonderful people we’ve met in the past few months. We've been back in Ontario for nearly a month, but before that we were out on the east coast.

Because of bad weather we had numerous delayed ferries while on the way to Newfoundland. We had an amazing host family, who took our entire team in for an extra day. On our way back from Newfoundland, we had another delayed ferry, and the same family opened their doors to us when we arrived in Nova Scotia at 4am, even though they were leaving for New York that morning! We returned a few weeks later to do some retreats in that area and they asked to have our entire team stay with them for the whole week that we were in Margaree! 

Our team got to know the family really well and we all got very close with them. After we left, their daughter sent me an email thanking our team for the time we spent with her and her mother. Here's an excerpt from her email:


“NET has been staying here since I was born, but nothing has moved me like God did while you guys were here. Honestly, you will never know what you guys did to my faith. I can't even describe it... I wake up every morning and get on my knees to pray. I try to spread the word of God through everything I do, and people have been asking me why I've been so happy lately. It's awesome. I feel so much better. And it's like... I feel Him. I mean, I really feel Him. Every time I do something good, I can feel that it's right. And I want to have the amazing spirit that all of you have."

Our team has been so blessed to meet so many incredible host families, priest, and teachers. After our retreat in Brockville, Ontario, the parish priest generously offered to expose the Blessed Sacrament and hear confessions for our team for team prayer! It was an amazing way to close off a retreat and we were so blessed to have met such a thoughtful priest. God continues to send incredible people to our team to remind us why we serve Him and to give us small gifts of His love.

In Christ,
Sarah Masters
Encounter 2

(Top photo - Katie, Mariah, Matthew Sullivan, Sarah, Melissa, Eoin, and Matt Scott atop our host home's roof in Margaree, NS; Bottom photo - The team with our host family and the parish priest in Margaree, NS)

No comments:

Post a Comment