Translate

Friday, May 25, 2012

A Life iNFUSEd


Hello and goodbye from iNFUSE #1,

Well, this is it.  The final blog.  Oh my gosh… I don’t even know where to start.  I guess thank you would be a good place – thank you to everyone who has read our blog!  I’ve enjoyed writing it, and I’m glad to have been able to share all the joys of our team with you. 
         It’s been an incredible year.  Although it’s been almost 9 months, it’s gone by so fast.  For me it’s been a year to learn how to love, and I think that goes for the rest of the team as well.  Learning how to love, how to be loved, and how to show love just by loving… crazy right?! 
         What attracted me so much to this ministry and NET itself was the love I saw between the Netters and how dedicated and honest they were to each other.  Just the other day, Young shared with us what one of our host sisters had said – she shared about how we’ve witnessed to her by how much we loved each other and that we had been such a culture shock for her.
         Throughout the year, it was hard to really see all the fruits of our ministry, even when it’s been right in front of us - mostly because we’d always be really focused on what we could improve on.  Coming to the end of the year has given us the chance to step back and see that what we came here to do has been a clean success.
         This week has been filled with goodbyes, tears, and so much joy.  Last week we went to the grade schools for the last time, and today was our last visit to the high school… and it’s amazing to realize how many people we’ve come to know and love.  Coming into this year, the word ‘relationships’ was drilled into our head, and our team ran with that.  Ya, maybe we came here and continued building what last year’s team started, and maybe from the outside it looks like a youth ministry – but I promise you that that house is filled with every individual that we’ve met along the way.  For me, saying goodbye to the host homes who’ve opened their homes and hearts to us all year, was one of the hardest parts.
         All of us have grown so much this year… I can’t say I’m the same person I was when I came here, but I can say that I’m more me than I used to be!  Waking up wondering how you can better love the person next to you, telling each other how important they are to you, and never forgetting why you’re here in the first place – Christ, and His love.
         At first, I’m not going to lie, part of me thought that NET would be easy, that it would be like some awesome sleepover every night, or that going to youth group all the time would be nothing but AWESOME.  Oh boy did I get a huge wake up call.  From the outside, it may seem this way, but it’s been a year filled with climbing, striving and surviving… but despite the difficulties, the beauty of it all, and the amount of growing that occurred, completely surpasses every difficult moment we encountered.  And just saying, it sometimes is like an awesome sleepover, and sometimes it is nothing but AWESOME…
         So, to end this off, thank you once again – for taking the time to share in our adventure, for every thought, and every prayer. May God bless your hearts.

Signing out for the last time,

~ Natalie (iNFUSE 1's Blogger)

No comments:

Post a Comment