Translate

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Christ in the Midst of our Fallibility

I know a God that loves me for who I am and not for what I do. I know a God that despite my fallibility will love me perfectly to my dying day and into eternity. I know a God that is merciful, just, compassionate and steadfast. I know a God that turns my miseries into grace.

Sometimes I get so caught up in my own misery and suffering that I fail to see how much God has His hand in all of it. That despite the dryness I feel in my faith, or how bad my day is God is still present to me and right beside me. I often fail to see that when I am having a terrible day and we have a youth event in a few hours that God gives me the strength to minister to the youth, the strength to smile and the willingness to let the youth minister to me. By His grace and His grace alone maybe that night he will allow me to place a spark in a youth's heart that will one day turn into a blazing flame for Him, our God. I fail to recognize that in the mornings that I desperately want to stay in bed because I am exhausted, God gives me the grace to get up, put a smile on my face and get through the day. Despite my miseries, God's grace is abundant and always will be.

"He Converts our miseries into grace and makes salutary medicine for our souls from the venom of our iniquities." ~ Searching for and Maintaining Peace

I am fallible, so I will many times fail to recognize the grace that Christ pours out on my life, grace that will be abundant if I trust in him and the love he has for me. But despite my fallibility and misery, Christ works together to make something good, to make something beautiful.

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." ~ Romans 8:28

Christ will never ever leave me or you even in our imperfections and miseries!

"I will never fail you. I will never abandon you." ~ Heb. 13:5

Ashley
iNFUSE 2

No comments:

Post a Comment