Translate

Friday, January 23, 2015

A Warm Welcome!

So our team is back in Swift Current, Saskatchewan to continue the rest of the year. This is the time of year that we're all thinking about what we’ll be doing in the fall. We are discerning the idea of another year on NET or on staff, among other things.

For myself at this point I do not feel called to do another year with NET, but I’m not sure what I am being called to and it scares me. Why does it scare me? Because I know that these next 4 and a half months are going to fly by and I’m afraid that I won’t have a decision when I leave here.
I know that if I plan on going back to school, then I need to apply now, but how can I apply and not know what I want to do or where God is calling me? My family tells me to do the ‘smart’ thing and I want to do the ‘right’ thing, the thing that God wants for me, yet I don't know what that is just yet. Many of us don't know, but I have faith that God will lead us where we are called, and I trust that He will make it possible.

For right now, I need to be present. We have been back in Swift Current for a week now and it’s been amazing to be back in touch with the parish, community, and the youth. We've missed being here, it’s our second home. We may not have a ‘home’ here in Swift Current, but the community is so generous and makes sure that we have a place to stay.

I've been really surprised and humbled to see the smiles on the community and youth’s faces when they see us. I expected them to be happy we were back, but I didn't expect them to be as excited as they are, it’s amazing. Our team feels so loved and welcomed here in the Parish and we are looking forward to spending the next several months here. When it comes time to say goodbye, we will be very sad to leave but also joyed to see the changes in the youth and Parish, and to look back at all the times we've shared together.

Until then, we are very ready to continue our mission!
God bless,
Hunter
        - iNFUSE 1, Swift Current SK


No comments:

Post a Comment