Translate

Monday, December 15, 2014

Sometimes He Make us Swim

One night at our high school youth group, we talked about prayer. We were asking the youth what prayer means to them; what it looks like in their lives. One girl spoke up and said, “I was struggling with a few things and I was at this event, and I looked up at the wall. On the wall I saw a picture of a quote that said, ‘Sometimes God calms the storm, sometimes God calms the sailor, but sometimes He makes us swim’.” She said that she felt that God was speaking to her through this.

This was a great reminder for our team. We recognize that sometimes God is really good to us, makes it easy for us, and other times, He just wants us to work and grow. To strive for what we want to accomplish.She wrote that quote on the board for us, and it's been there ever since.

And then at our most recent high school youth group she pulled two of my teammates aside and said, “I really just feel like I need to talk to you. I can feel God’s presence with me for the first time in my life. I can literally feel God with me”

These are the moments that make all that we do worth it. These are the moments that we can see the fruits of our work and we can smile because we know that we made a difference in this young woman’s life.

We are heading off now for our Christmas break, and we will be back in January. We will miss our home that we have made here, and we are very excited to come back to the youth of Swift Current to help and watch them grow in their faith and relationship with God. 

Merry Christmas Everyone!
- Hunter - iNFUSE 1, Swift Current, SK


No comments:

Post a Comment