Translate

Monday, December 1, 2014

Conversation with God

Prayer, what a gift!


I am going to share what prayer means to me, and some things from my prayer journal. 

Sometimes I ask myself, why do I spend my life thinking about Someone that I cannot see? That Someone is God. But really I should be asking myself, why not? For God is the only reason that we live and the only reason that we have a chance at eternal life. God is the most beautiful, all-powerful, and mightiest being ever. God has the power to give us to eternal life in heaven or to condemn us to eternal damnation in hell. The choice is ours; we are the ones who decide by the things that we do in our lives. We decide whether we want to spend our future with or without God.

Through our prayer we are able to become closer to God and to let God speak to us. Prayer is literally conversation with God. And in that conversation with God we are able to reveal our innermost desires, thoughts, and problems to the One who is all loving.

Olivia shares, “Prayer is an opportunity to talk to God and to listen. Prayer is an important way to build your relationship with God and to make it stronger. It is a time in your day that is for God and for God alone. It is a chance to tell God what is going on even though He already knows it. We are able to have the comfort that He totally understands and that He is going through whatever struggles and whatever joys that you have with you.” With God we are able to lay our burdens down at His feet and know that He carries them with us. 
During prayer ministry in a Christian Leadership Training retreat, I was able to pray for one of the boys. I asked him what he wanted me to pray for and he replied in a long answer: he said that he had ignored God for far too long and that this retreat that we were holding really meant a lot to him. He shared how even though he knew God was there he was just putting Him aside and brushing Him off. He said that he wants to grow closer to God through his prayer. He asked me to pray for this and for the strength to follow God even when it is really hard.

So now I ask you:  how long has it been since you asked God to show Himself to you? When was the last time you offered your own life to God and asked Him for strength in following His will?  Consider joining this young man I prayed with, and renew your commitment to God's plan for your lives! 

Thank you for reading,
God bless,

Ben and the team from iNFUSE 3/ NET in the North.

No comments:

Post a Comment