Translate

Monday, December 15, 2014

I Will Triumph

“So I will triumph over my enemies around me. With shouts of joy I will offer sacrifices in his Temple; I will sing, I will praise the Lord.”
 -Psalm 27:6 

This morning I sat on the couch watching out the window for the men to pick us up, as my teammate sat in the kitchen talking to our host mom. As I sat there I was thinking about how much I didn't want to have a conversation with them, and I’d rather sit alone in silence.

Dennen and Joy being joyful!

I’m supposed to be investing in my host family, even at 8:00 in the morning. However I wasn't doing that because I wasn't choosing to sacrifice how I was feeling to choose to love. Instead, I chose to sit in silence and let my grumpiness take over. I realized that I wasn't making an effort or a choice to be a light in the darkness, or for Christ.

Our team has been praying for the gift of Joy these last few weeks. During team prayer on Sunday, we were nearing the end of our hour and we were singing ‘Multiplied’ by Needtobreathe. Something made me laugh, and once I started, I couldn't stop. And before I knew it, we were all laughing. We were laughing at each other, and laughing at ourselves. I think that day was a time when the Lord really wanted to bring some joy into our day. Joy and laughter is so contagious when it comes from God. Joy is truly a gift to have, especially in times of struggle.

Joy is a decision and a sacrifice. Choosing joy goes much deeper than just having a happy day because things are going well. Choosing joy is deeply rooted in our faith, hope and trust in God.
As I go through this day and the rest of this year, I am trying to make a conscious effort to make a sacrifice and choose joy. Not only should I do this for myself, but also for those around me so they can see the joy of the Lord in me and be joyful themselves.

Every time I think about seeing Christ in someone, I go back to the story in the Bible about Mary going to visit Elizabeth. Elizabeth immediately knew that Christ was within Mary, filled with so much love and joy. I am always trying to strive to be just like that, and so should we all.

I challenge you to seek and strive to radiate with Christ's joy and goodness!  

Spread joy and Christmas cheer!
God bless,
Hunter

iNFUSE 1 - Swift Current, SK

No comments:

Post a Comment