Translate

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Sun Sets On This NET Year


The sun has begun to set on this NET year as Encounter Two is on the eve of Wrap-Up. As the light of the year fades into the twilight, I look back on this year and marvel at how God has worked and moved in and through this team. I have seen this team of ten leave everything behind to follow in the footsteps of Christ. I have seen the glory of God in subtle and majestic ways alike. I've seen small transformations in youth over a day. I've seen youth open new horizons in prayer, and sinners line up for confession, some for the first time in years. I've seen the broken admitting that they need help, and reaching out for that. I've seen youth become excited about their faith, and families come together in prayer. I've had adults tell me that we have given them hope for the youth, and I've had religious sisters tell me that we have renewed their faith. I've talked to NET alumni about the difference NET has made in their lives. I've seen our team grow in trust in God in seemingly hopeless circumstances. I have seen teammates transformed and healed as they become the men and women that God created them to be. As a team we give thanks to God for all that we have seen, and we look forward with joyful anticipation to what awaits each of us in the future.

Signing out for the last time,

Katie Foster
Encounter Team 2

No comments:

Post a Comment