Translate

Wednesday, June 6, 2012



Happy day to you!

The past couple of weeks that we have been in Medicine Hat have been in many ways the highlight of this year.  God has been truly working in hearts for His glory.

Although we did many events in Medicine Hat, the highlight of the two weeks was the family that we were staying with. I felt immediately at home because the family was so welcoming. We began to get to know each of the members of the family and I can honestly say that after staying there for two weeks I have made new lifelong friends.

The most beautiful gift I have had this year was to watch one of the young men in the family come to understand the beauty of the Catholic faith, confession and the mass.  His new found love of being a Catholic has helped me to see how tangibly God is working in the hearts of those we minister to. A lot of the time we hear little bits and pieces of how people were touched by what we do, but to have him share with us so personally about how God is working in his life has reminded me again that this is so much bigger than anything we can do as missionaries. It is all in God`s timing. He knows when a heart is ready to know Him and love Him. To see a heart  so visibly come to know Him and love Him is one of the most beautiful things I have ever witnessed. I asked Him to write a little bit about his experience and here is what he had to say:

"The past two weeks of my life have been nothing short of a pinical spiritual awakening as a young Catholic Musician. Having the Massive Worship Team in my liturgical community let alone my own home has been the most beautiful experience. Having such loving, purposeful people who have helped me open my heart to the love of God has changed my life forever. I finally get it! I now am able to see, experience and understand  my faith as a Catholic and also can now grow to truly be thankful for the beautiful gift that is my life! The Mass has now taken on a whole new meaning for me! Being humbly aware of Jesus being present EVERY SINGLE TIME the consecration takes place! I went to confession for the first time in 6 years! There have been so many beautiful realizations in understanding the purpose of my faith! My heart has been open to know the love of God and now my life has been given a whole new meaning! I'm prepared to walk this Earth to share my gifts from God with as many people as my life allows and make this world a better place through Music! 

I know know where my life, my family, my love, my joy, my everything comes from. It comes from God, the one who loves me enough to give me this life, so in return I thank Him for everything I know he has given me, from every day, to every note I play! 

I love you Massive Worship Team, Net Ministries, and of course God our Father, I now am ready to live. Live my life a Catholic Musician and let Him live through me! "

"To be an apostle is to give Jesus to souls and souls to Jesus by making Him known in order to make Him loved, by filling yourself with Him in order to give Him..." - I believe in Love (book)
All we need to do is spend time with Him in prayer and to love and then he does all the rest.
Erin



No comments:

Post a Comment