Translate

Saturday, September 26, 2009

NET at 40 days for life

Hey everyone! I'm Shayla Doucette (I'm on the left), I'm 18 and I'm on NET this year. I come from a small town called Alfred in Ontario, and this year I'm going to be on a parish team serving in the Smith Falls/ Perth Area in central Ontario.

Training so far has been amazing! It's been really intense, especially the first two weeks, I've learned so much about myself, bassicly that I am, a beautiful child of God. This brings me to what happened last week at the kick-off night for the 40 Days for Life in Ottawa, on parliment hill.

When the night started I wasn't really excited because I was tired and I felt like I had to be there. Then a few people went up to the stage to give some speeches, they all spoke to my heart. Everything happening that night challenged me to take the Pro-Life movement more seriously. After the talks there was a candle-lit procession to the Abortion clinic. The atmosphere the whole way was prayerful and peaceful. It was during this time that the Holy Spirit really flowed through me. I fell to my kneses, eyes closed, and I began praying the rosary. When I was done the rosary I couldn't bring myself to stop praying so I sang the hail mary to myself until I had to leave for my host home.

That night the Lord really showed me the unborn need our prayers. We have to fight for them even if all we do is pray. I just want to challenge all of you who read this to take an hour to pray for the unborn and to try to get involved with the 40 days for life. The children need your
prayers.

God bless,

Shayla Doucette
Team 5 Smith Falls/Perth

No comments:

Post a Comment