Translate

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Encounter

On Sunday we had a high school youth night (called Cornerstone) where we were making hampers of food for families in need in the parish, just before the night was about to start I was getting ready to give the announcements after mass. I was standing just outside the doors to the church and I saw one of our youth who had been to a couple of the Cornerstone nights. She asked if it we had youth group that night and what we were doing. I told her that we were making hampers and she had a huge smile and said “that’s awesome! I want to come!”


It was such an incredible encounter, yet in those 10 seconds all the stress and weariness of the day was kicked aside. Countless times in the past year I have seen God do incredible things, all the little and big things that need to happen suddenly get done, little miracles every day! little things like people donating all the food needed for the hampers, or encounters like the one above. Praise be to God, He is always with us!

Josh H,
iN2 Blogger
St. Thomas More Parish
Edmonton

No comments:

Post a Comment