Translate

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Building friendships



A glory story for this weeks blog :)

Just before we were about to start a youth night I went to check in the hallway to see if there was anybody waiting around and I noticed a young man and his mom. He was just standing looking at the exit doors and his mom was sitting on a bench looking helpless. I introduced myself and started talking to them. I learnt that Jimmy (not his real name) had come expecting some of his friends to be there as well and he was upset because none of them showed up. So I just invited him in personally and said that if he didn’t like it he could go to a different room and I would just let him use my laptop to kill the rest of the time. He seemed interested and said that he would come in at the end of the opening prayer. I figured that this was just a way for him to get me to leave so I agreed and went in to begin the night. To my surprise, a few minutes after the opening prayer he came in and took a seat at the back. As the night kept on enfolding, it seemed as if Jimmy was as well. He slowly started to get more involved. He wasn’t in my small group so I didn’t see what happened there, but as the night was being closed off I noticed him smiling, and laughing with friends he hadn’t even met before that night. Jimmy had gone from looking at the exit door longing for freedom, to shaking my hand and saying he had a great night. It was boss supreme.

- Josh B

iNFUSE 2 - Edmonton

Alberta

No comments:

Post a Comment