Translate

Friday, November 18, 2011


Hello from Alberta!
Here we are, NET team two, traveling around the Edmonton Archdiocese. Recently we were in the heart of the archdiocese, right in St. Joseph's Basilica basement. We had a couple of retreats there last weekend, and returned to the facility once again to host an Encounter Day for several grade elevens.
The students were great, but one girl in particular caught my attention. She was friendly and kind, and though she wasn't in my small group, I found myself able to connect easily with her. At one point we were talking and it sounded like she was going through some struggles in her life, and that school wasn't her top priority at the time. During prayer ministry we had the sacrament of confession available, and this girl chose to stay behind in line after the group had moved on with the retreat schedule. I was talking to her about it afterwards, and she shared with me how awesome the experience was. She explained that she wasn't Catholic, so she didn't go through the actual Sacrament of Reconciliation, but she took the opportunity to go talk to the priest and talk about her faith. As I stood there talking to her after retreat, she expressed her gratitude over and over again for the day, especially for the opportunity that she had to talk to the priest. I don't remember her exact words, but in talking to her I realized that the work of NET is not in vain. People are being led deeper in their faith all the time through this mission. To God be all the glory!
Katie, Team 2

No comments:

Post a Comment